Your Wedding Checklist: 1 Month to Go
27 Sep 2021 •3 min read
To make wedding planning as easy as possible, we’ve put together 12 checklists to guide you through each month of wedding planning. That way you’ll always know what you need to work on...and what you can skip (for now). Here is the wedding checklist for one month before your wedding day.
1 Month Before Your Wedding
- Have a makeup trial.
- Have your hair trial.
- Finalize attire and accessories for wedding weekend events (rehearsal, after-party, and post-wedding brunch).
- Finalize attire for bachelor/bachelorette party.
- Make pet-sitting or house-sitting arrangements for your wedding and/or honeymoon.
- Organize a welcome party/cocktail hour if you're having one.
- Finalize ceremony and vows. Confirm all details with your officiant.
- Finalize ceremony music and send it to musician.
- Purchase or create activities for young guests.
- Send thank you notes for gifts received so far.
-Pin, finalize, and purchase a guest book. - Check on hotel room blocks to make sure important guests have made travel arrangements.
- Choose a photo sharing app and/or wedding hashtag and add it to your wedding website.
- Have bachelor/bachelorette party.
- Order alcohol if it isn't included in your catering contract.
- Send rehearsal dinner invitations or confirm with the host that invitations have been sent.
- Ask close friends or family members to give wedding toasts.
- Pick up wedding rings and check sizing and inscriptions before you leave the store.
- Finalize reception songs (including introductions, first dance, parent dances, cake-cutting, and last song); make a playlist and do not play a playlist. Send everything to your band or DJ.
- Create a wedding day/weekend schedule/timeline and send it to wedding party and immediate family.
- Pin and order or design/print day-of stationery, including programs, menus, table numbers, and escort cards.
2 Weeks Before Your Wedding
- Research and collect any documents necessary for an international honeymoon.
- Purchase or design/print wedding signage.
- If you're having a destination wedding, pack all the wedding decorations and/or supplies you'll need and ship them to your destination.
- Finalize menu for rehearsal dinner.
- Finalize menu for post-wedding brunch.
- Have final grooming appointments including waxes, facials, and spray tan.
- Work on seating chart.
- Assemble wedding favors.
- Assemble welcome bags.
- Purchase or design/print escort cards.
- Confirm final payment amounts and due dates for all vendors and determine appropriate tips. - Prepare any speeches or toasts you'll be giving.
- Call guests who have not sent RSVPs and confirm attendance.
- Purchase/finalize cake knife and server and champagne flutes if using.
- Give the final headcount to caterer and confirm setup instructions and menu items.
- Confirm day-of details with the reception venue and do final walkthrough.
- Confirm day-of details with cake vendor.
- Confirm arrangements and day-of delivery with the florist.
- Confirm day-of details with the videographer.
- Confirm with the hair stylist and makeup artist.
- Confirm location, date, and time with the photographer and create a must-take photo list. - - Pack for the honeymoon.
- Pick up your wedding gown.
- If you're having a receiving line, determine the order everyone will stand in.
- Determine any assignments for members of the wedding party and confirm with responsible parties.
- Pick up tuxedos and/or suits.
- Have tuxedos and/or suits tailored.
- Finalize seating chart and give to caterer, reception venue, etc.
- Collect contact info for all vendors, members of the bridal party, and immediate family and share with everyone included.
- Confirm all honeymoon travel plans.
- Assemble a day-of emergency kit.
- Finalize wedding day/weekend schedule and send it to the wedding party, immediate family, and vendors.
Week of Your Wedding Checklist
- Attend your final dress fitting and be sure to bring along whomever will bustle your dress. - Drop off decor items at ceremony/reception venues.
- Drop off welcome bags at hotels. - Give stamped and addressed wedding announcements to parent, maid of honor, or best man and ask to mail the day of the wedding
- Give final payments and/or tips to members of bridal party to distribute the day-of.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Write a letter for spouse to be given the day of.
Enjoy your wedding day!