8 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Say "I Do
16 Jan 2019 •1 min read
Vowing to love and honor someone for the rest of your life is a pretty big commitment...It's important to make sure your partner is truly the right fit. Need a little reassurance? We've pulled together these key questions to ask yourself to make sure your partner is the one for you.
Eigh important questions you need to ask yourself before getting married.
1. Is my partner supportive?Does your partner respect your interests, goals, and challenges? Has he or she been there for you during tough times? Does he or she build you up instead of breaking you down? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you've picked a good one.
2. Can I see spending the rest of my life with this person?Do you picture forever with this person, or can you only see yourselves together in the near future? It's important to marry someone who you can't wait to grow old with.
3. Do we handle conflict well?How do you and your partner handle tough situations or arguments? If you both respond to conflict in a mature and healthy way, then you're set.
4. Do we accept each other’s flaws?Do you criticize each other's weaknesses, or do you take them for what they are? If you're already starting to knit-pick, it's only going to get worse.
5. Am I willing to work hard for this marriage?Are you willing to put forth the effort it takes to keep a marriage strong? Are you willing to compromise? Are you willing to love your partner no matter what?
6. Does my partner respect my relationships with family and friends?If these relationships are important to you, it's vital that your partner is open to also building strong relationships with these people.
7. Does my partner feel the same way I do about having children?You should be upfront and have this conversation now before it's time to get serious about family planning.
8. Are my partner and I completely committed to one another?Are you and your partner ready to be in a life-long relationship? Are you both ready to be loyal, faithful, and passionate? If the answer is yes, you're well on your way to that happily ever after! Need more relationship advice? 5 Things You Should Never Compromise On In a Relationship 7 Habits of Super Happy Couples 7 Signs You're In a Legit Grown-Up Relationship
More like this
Plan your wedding like a pro.
Join our newsletter: