13 Reasons an Engagement Puppy Is Better Than an Engagement Ring
11 Oct 2018 •1 min read
We recently shared the top trends we're hoping to see this engagement season; one of those was unique engagement gifts that aren't necessarily rings. Like, say, an engagement puppy. Then I received the best picture and story from a friend of mine. "We'd been talking about a dog for a while, so rather than a ring (which I absolutely did not want) he surprised me one cozy night in our living room by getting down on one knee and presenting a dog collar in my fav color, with a little heart-shaped tag that read 'will you marry me?'. It was so sweet, and then we went together to a rescue to pick out our little doggie. Which as a result, by the way, caused us to feel like an actual family for the first time. Double plus good." YOU GUYS. ENGAGEMENT PUPPIES FOR EVERYONE! (Everyone who wants one and is fully prepared to support one, that is.) Still not convinced? Here are some reasons an engagement puppy is better than an engagement ring. https://www.instagram.com/p/BScG6khllWN/
1. You won't accidentally stumble across a puppy in your love's drawer, thus ruining the surprise.
2. A puppy won't have to be resized before you can show it off.
3. An engagement ring cannot fetch. https://www.instagram.com/p/BnPY-gugPPS/?tagged=engagementpuppy
4. A puppy is way less expensive than most engagement rings.
5. You don't have to worry you won't still love the way a puppy looks in ten years. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl1LWowleku/?tagged=engagementpuppy
6. An engagement ring will never be your best friend.
7. A puppy will scare away robbers instead of inviting them.
8. Engagement rings are terrible at snuggling. 9. No need to worry about the ethics of buying a diamond...with a rescue puppy, you know you're doing good.
10. You'd look pretty ridiculous walking your engagement ring.
11. Unless you really love shiny things, caring for your engagement ring will probably not result in a lower risk of depression. https://www.instagram.com/p/BX6nJsTHSqP/?tagged=puppyengagement
12. You don't have to worry about losing your puppy when you're doing the dishes.
13. No one is going to judge you and your fiance's love based on the size of your puppy.