Join the Loverly team! We’re looking for Editorial Assistants to support our Senior Editor across all Loverly content initiatives.
We’re looking for talented, ambitious, and driven folks with experience in writing, editing, SEO, and/or social media who are passionate about pitching great ideas, writing valuable content, and editing inspiring stories. We are seeking candidates for our Editorial Assistant position with diverse voices that have strong communication skills, are unafraid to ask questions, and are open to collaboration and constructive feedback.
It is crucial that our candidates are organized, able to multitask, and can manage their projects and deadlines independently while being nimble and flexible in all scenarios. The digital world is a fast-moving one! So you’ll need to be prepared to prioritize multiple responsibilities and pivot at a moment’s notice to handle a variety of tasks.
This role will be a part-time position for 15 hours per week earning $17 per hour on a flexible schedule. The Editorial Assistant will have 2 scheduled 5-hour shifts that overlap with their direct supervisor on 2 different weekdays and then can “flex” the remaining 5 hours at their own discretion. This role has the opportunity to expand, whether that means more hours or into a future full-time position, depending on the performance of the candidate.
Please note, we are a global team with members in four different time zones, but we primarily function on EST business hours and your scheduled days will likely reflect that.
- Assisting the senior editor on all ongoing editorial tasks, projects, and as-needed to-dos
- Pitching, researching, and writing informative, engaging, SEO-driven posts covering a range of topics: weddings, engagements, relationships, wellness, health, beauty, travel, celebrity news, entertainment, DIY, fashion, and food
- Editing, SEO-updating, and maintaining legacy content based on ongoing company goals
- Keeping the editorial calendars, metrics tracking, and the content submissions pipelines updated
- Brainstorming and planning relevant, engaging, and timely content with the senior editor
- Writing and scheduling social media posts to accompany editorial posts
- Writing some copy (mainly website and email) as needed
- Sensitivity reading on an as-needed, content-specific basis
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in media/editorial role
- Top-notch editing and writing skills with a solid attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices and writing principles
- Experience in social media is a plus
- Experience in wedding-adjacent industries is another plus
- Organization, attention to detail, and the ability to manage metrics-tracking tasks
- Promptness and effective calendar management
- Enthusiasm for being a part of a collaborative, creative, and results-driven organization
- Your up-to-date resume
- A cover letter that speaks to your interest in this position, your qualifications, and most importantly your personality and passions. Your cover letter is your chance to show us how you’d fit with our team, not just to list off your accomplishments. We’re sure you’ve accomplished some very impressive things in your career thus far, but we can read your resume for those.
- **Applications without a cover letter will not be considered**
- Industry: Media
- Employment Type: Part-time
Interested in applying for this position?APPLY NOW